October 2019 marks the 16th annual National Cybersecurity Awareness Month (NCSAM). Every year NCSAM encourages each of us to #BeCyberSmart.
This year NCSAM has provided us with some great tips, so be sure to:
- Never click and tell; stay safe on social media
- Update your privacy settings
- Keep tabs on your apps by using best practices for device applications
- Shake up your passphrase protocol by creating strong, unique passphrases
- Double your login protection by turning on multi-factor authentication
- Shop safe online
- Play hard to get with strangers by spotting and avoiding phishing attempts
- If you connect, you must protect. Update to the latest security software, web browser and operating systems.
- Stay protected while connected with safe Wi-Fi
- If you collect it, protect it – keep customer/consumer data and information safe.
For more information check out the NCSAM website.
Have another thought, tip or suggestion? Leave it in the comments below. I would love to hear from you!